IBM i ACS (Access Client Solutions)
IBM i Access Client Solutions uses the same IBM i host servers as the other IBM i Access Family products and requires the same IBM i Access Family license (XW1) in order to use the 5250 emulation and Data Transfer features. An IBM i Access Family license is required to use 5250 and Data Transfer.IBM Pointy Heads
The preferred method of obtaining the laest version of IBM i ACS is to go to the IBM i Access Client Solutions and register an IBM user account and perform the download.
IBM i Access Client Solutions provides a Java based, platform-independent interface that runs on most operating systems that support Java, including Linux, Mac, and Windows™. IBM i Access Client Solutions consolidates the most commonly used tasks for managing your IBM i into one simplified location. The latest version of IBM i Access Client Solutions is available to customers with an IBM i software maintenance contract.
QUICK AND EASY DOWNLOAD of IBM i ACS
If you want an easier way to download IBM i Access Client Solutions (1.1.9) you can snag a copy from my mirror. I update this version whenever a major update of IBM i ACS comes out.
- 5250 display and printer emulation based on IBM’s Host-on-Demand
- 5250 Session Manager support modeled after IBM Personal Communications Session Manager
- Multiple language support for concurrent 5250 emulation sessions on the same client
- Data Transfer similar to IBM i Access for Windows Data Transfer plus support for OpenDocument spreadsheet (*.ods), Excel Workbook (*.xlsx), and other file formats
- Data Transfer integration with Excel and OpenOffice
- Simplified SSL Configuration
- Download and viewing of spool files
- IBM i Virtual Control Panel for LAN and HMC consoles
- 5250 emulation for LAN and HMC consoles
- Consolidation of hardware management interface configurations, including ASMI, IVM, and HMC
IBM i Access Client Solutions uses the same IBM i host servers as the other IBM i Access Family products and requires the same IBM i Access Family license (XW1) in order to use the 5250 emulation and Data Transfer features.
An IBM i Access Family license is required to use 5250 and Data Transfer.
NOTE: IBM will ask you to create a IBM ID - this allows you to download the product software and also to download fixes in the future. Hashtag just do it.
Once you have logged in with your IBM ID you can download IBM i ACS from the the main download page:
Download the IBMiAccess_V1r1.zip File and extract it to a temporary unzipped-folder on your PC.
Stand Alone Execution
You can use ACS standalone, like from a thumb drive, with no install required, by simply running the acsbundle.jar executable.
That’s it – no install required!
Full Install and Execute
Here are some detailed instructions on the full install procedure (using Windows 10)
Watch Videos of some English bloke downloading, installing and running IBM i ACS in the real world
Install IBM i ACS
IBM-i ACS is JAVA based, so it can be installed on Windows, MAC & Linux devices. The legacy IBM Client Access is no longer supported. IBM Client Access & ACS can both be installed on the same PC and live quite happily next to each other. So what are you waiting for?